The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut. Many favor Marangu because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path. However the short time frame of the route makes altitude acclimatization fairly difficult.
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the southeast. Marangu is less scenic than the other routes because the ascent and descent are along the same path. It is also the most crowded route for that reason. Tanzania Horizon Safaris offers Marangu as five or six day private climb. The five day variation does not have an acclimatization day on day three at Horombo Hut.
• Private transport to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi.
• 2 nights of accommodation in Moshi.
• Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate
• Park entry fees,
• Camping fees
• Team Kilimanjaro Rescue fees
• 18% VAT on tour fees & services
• Sleeping Mats
• Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
• 3 hot meals daily while on the mountain
• Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
• Hot water for washing
• Fair wages for the mountain crew
• Government taxes
• Emergency first-aid kit
– Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel before and after climb.
– Travel insurance
– Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for extra charges $ 80 for the entire trek.
– Laundry (Available at hotel)
– Personal items and toiletries
– Tips for guides, porters and cook
• Guides: $20/day/guide
• Cook: $15/day
• Porter: $10/day/porter